Nutritionally cannabis seeds are loaded with fiber, protein, antioxidants and many vitamins and minerals that could quite easily take its place among super-foods such as quinoa, chia seeds, and kale. The seeds of the plant are super healthy with impressive health benefits. Blended into smoothies, juiced, or eaten raw in salads it will provide your body with essential nutrients that are rarely found in plant-based foods, such as amino acids from complete protein.
The Difference Between Cannabis and Hemp Seeds
Both cannabis and hemp form part of the cannabis sativa species of plants. The difference comes when the plants have matured and the levels of THC (a component with drug-like effects on humans) in cannabis is much higher than in the hemp plant, which is negligible. However, in seed form, there is no significant difference between cannabis and hemp and therefore you cannot get high on cannabis seeds.
The Benefits of Cannabis Seeds
– Cannabis seeds are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids that are linked to various health benefits, particularly heart health. Omega-3 and Omega-6 is known for lowering blood cholesterol and balancing hormones. The seeds are also an excellent source of gamma-linolenic acids or GLA that acts as a powerful anti-oxidant. Arginine is an amino acid that produces nitric oxide that dilates blood vessels and lowers blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart disease.
– Cannabis seeds also contain complete protein and 25% of the calorie content in the seeds consists of a quality protein which is very easy to digest. The protein found in cannabis seeds contains the only natural source of the amino acid edestin which has a similar structure to human DNA. As a complete protein, it provides the body with all the essential amino acids it needs making it the closest match to our own human amino acid profile.
– The seeds also contain a variety of vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin, E, vitamin D and many of the B vitamins, as well as live enzymes. Minerals found in the seeds include potassium, phosphorus, sodium, sulfur, magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron.
– The cannabis seed bank UK is a powerful anti-inflammatory and is useful for the repair of muscle tissue after exercise.
– The GLA content in cannabis seeds helps reduce the symptoms of menopause and PMS as it reduces inflammation and regulates hormones.
– Cannabis seeds are also able to relieve the symptoms of eczema and other skin conditions.
At the end gyo.green advice that cannabis seed contains all nutrients, no wonder it is one of the most nutritious and powerful food sources available.